Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Yard Work

I spent the afternoon raking up leaves and pine needles out of my yard. Will and I just didn't get around to doing it sooner because of having to prepare for him leaving and trying to get the inside of the house the way we wanted it. Now that I have more time on my hands that I would much rather fill with chores than with sitting around letting my mind wander, I decided it was time to clean up the yard. Now, our landscaping that the owner has put in is already terrible, so it can't be helped very much...but it does look better after this...Yes, this is FIVE 30 Gallon bags FULL to the brim of leaves and pine needles from just my front yard. I had to smoosh the bags in order to close them and they kept ripping. So they are over- full and I could easily have probably filled 7 bags, but I was trying to not be wasteful. Can you believe this?? 5 bags of stuff just in my front yard??! And the yard is not that big, let me tell you!

And this is me posing with my bags of yard gunk (Caitlynn took the picture) so that I have proof to Will that I actually DID do this and that I was still smiling when I was done. Although, there are still some in the yard that I just couldn't get to cooperate but definitely way less than before. So obviously, no time to do anything crafty today. Hopefully tonight. I'm really hoping that this means that when we really should be doing this in the fall instead of in January :-) that I'll have a get out of yardwork pass since I did it all by myself this year! Haha, we'll see! Although, I did actually kind of enjoy it. Shh...don't tell him!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL You are so cute! Don't you know you are never supposed to let them know that you are capable. Now come fall he is going to say, " I know you can do it, you did it last year!" lol