Friday, January 11, 2008

Less is more


So with as busy as I've been with things over the last two weeks, I decided last night that for this page, I wanted to go with a less is more mentality. I absolutely adore this picture of Hayley. I think she looks like the most beautiful baby and I look at it all the time because it just makes me happy and puts me in awe of the miracle that she is. So, this layout that should have been my third assignment but I shifted it around and did it after my fourth one for the Pink House. This one uses papers by Studio 8 Paper Company. These are gorgeous. They're double sided, and are named after desserts...how yummy is that?! Anyway, love them...go check them out at the Pink House!! I used the papers by Studio 8, the big brads are by Bazzill, ribbon by American Crafts, and the stickers are from Basic Grey and DCWV. I wanted to use doodle bug stickers, but I ran out of the letters I needed! I hate it when that happens. I need to buy alphabet stickers in bulk when I find ones that I like! I think these worked, though.
So all in all, a stretch for me because I tend to do more on a page, but I really actually love the simplicity of this. For those of you that are keeping track, this is layout number 7 for the month of January. I completed another one, but have to wait to show it to you--I'm using it as a contest entry!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute. I am on a simplicity kick too. I need to get some crafting done and upload. Love the picture!!!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Oh that is soooo cute Erika...she is just adorable!