Friday, January 4, 2008

Two cards to share...

Today has been a down day. One of the kids I watch called in because the dad was in a car accident this morning (he's okay!) and the other has been asleep since 9:30 this morning (it's almost 1!) So I was able to get some more stamping done. Here are the two cards I made today.
This card is my take on Beate's weekend sketch challenge. You can find it here. This is her first sketch for the new year. I got hooked on doing them at the end of last year, so I plan on making them a must-do on Fridays!
For this card, I used ALL scraps! That's another of my small goals for the year. I want to see how many cards I can make just using up my scrap paper. I am sadly one of those people that can't bear to throw the paper away! SO, this is the first card made entirely out of my scraps. The patterned paper is by Reminisce, stickers by Basic Grey, bling found at AC Moore, brads by making memories, circle punches using my creative memories punches, and cardstock is DCWV. The flower stamp is from Stampin' Up's doodle this set. I stamped it in Cocoa ink and then colored it in using my chalks by Pebbles Inc. I use these chalks all the time now.
I cased this card from someone else's blog that I happened across today, sorry I forgot to save the link!! I made some changes, mainly to the color scheme, and also added some stickles to the butterflies and the swirls (kind of hard to see in the photo). All of the stamps are from Stampin' Up's Priceless set. Patterned paper is by My Mind's Eye. The velvet ribbon was another cheapy from Target's $1 spot!
I've been a busy little crafty bee this morning. Hopefully I'll get another LO done this afternoon/evening to share later! :-) I'm on a roll...must keep the ball moving!

0 comments: