Thank you for your patience...I know I said tomorrow on my last post and it's been a few days. My hubby gets home today from being gone for the past 9 days so it's been a little hectic. I promise I'll have the post I promised up tomorrow with all my other fun projects I've been working on!! Hope everyone is having a good week!
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Hi Everyone! I have been creating a lot this week to keep me busy. My hubby is on a ten day trip to Germany and Iraq so this keeps my mind focused on other things! I am having a workshop at my house on Saturday and I plan to show these items at the workshop just as little creativity boosters for how to use the stamps other than just on cards.
I actually saw a scrapbook page like this on the SU demo website, and thought I would try it. I don't usually scrap 6x6 so I enjoyed the little change in pace.
I made this little clipboard using some old chipboard that I layered and glued together for sturdiness, covered that with some of the Bella Rose dp, and then stamped some lined paper. This is actually going to be part of a teacher gift. Something simple, but I think it turned out cute.
of off the cuff type answer, not too deep. Anyone with children probably would say that same thing and honestly, my children aren't the only defining part of my life. So I thought a little harder and came up with a list of things that I am passionate about
1. my kids--they are pieces of me, beautiful rays of sunshine on my days. I do so much of what I do to benefit them in some way shape or form.
2. my husband--he inspires me to be better; to laugh, to cry, to accept me for me. I love him for that and I am passionate about working on our marriage, building on our future.
3. photography. always learning. always trying new things.
4. travel. I want to go everywhere, see everything.
5. faith. I admit I don't go to church every Sunday, that I don't read the bible as much as I should. But I pray constantly. I believe. I have faith and I leave my life in the Lord's hands. This journey that I take every day--the struggles, the successes. I have been blessed. I want to feed my soul with spirituality and faith.
6. knowledge. Just in general. I read. I explore. I research new things. I try new activities. My interests are so far spread and there are so many. I live to learn.
And that's just a sample of my list...the tip of the iceberg if you will. But that simple exercise, thinking about who I am and where I'm going, what I love. It was a cleansing thing for me. And I'm thankful for other bloggers out there that really made me sit and question myself and I am taking it all in and making plans to help get things back on track.
For those of you still reading, thanks for taking the time to read my rambles! :-) Hope you are all having a good week. More to share tomorrow!
Posted by Erika at 4:10 PM
Monday, September 15, 2008
Posted by Erika at 4:47 PM
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
And now I am actually off to try to accomplish somethign crafty. Should have more to share soon!!
Posted by Erika at 9:17 AM
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
For the actual day, it will also have some individual pearls pinned into the curls in the back to give it some more detail and polish.
The move is almost complete. We spent most of Labor Day at the old house finishing up some painting and cleaning so we can have the inspection with the management company and hopefully get our full deposit back. The new house is coming along. We have most of the boxes that are inside the house unpacked and put away. The garage, however, is a completely different story. It is jam-packed with boxes and miscellaneous stuff that has not been brought in to be sorted out and put away. I hate moving. This is our third move in less than 2 years...we really need to get out of that habit. But now that we found a place we really like that has all of the features we have been looking for, maybe we'll stay for a while.
Ok, enough rambling...time to get back to the task at hand...UNPACKING!
Posted by Erika at 8:16 AM