Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A lot has happened...

since my last blog post. I am now officially a married woman! WOOHOO! Here are a few pictures from our absolutely beautiful wedding. We couldn't have asked for a better day, so thanks to everyone who prayed that Hanna would move out of here before Saturday!!



The beach was incredible. Completely empty except for us. It was a little windy, but that helped to keep us cool so no complaints at all. The flowers were beautiful. We had dinner at Miyabi in West Ashley. Wonderful as always. Then we did the tourist thing with my family on Sunday. It was an amazing weekend. The best ever.


As if that weren't enough, we had another milestone this week as well. Caitlynn started riding a two-wheeler without training wheels. She put up quite a fight the first day, but by the end of the day was able to ride to the end of the block and back without falling. It was actually really funny to hear the excuses that she gave to not get back on the bike after her first (extremely minor) fall. "I'll go to bed, Mom!" "I'll go clean my room??" "I just don't feel like riding right now!" It really reminded me of when I learned. I remember I ran into a tree and decided that was it for me. My grandma spanked my bottom and made me get on that bike. We had to use similar tactics with Cait. God Bless my grandmother for teaching me to ride my bike. Not an easy task.!! Then we went out for lesson #2 yesterday and she can now take off and stop on her own as well. We were up and down the road for hours and she cried when it was time to come in. Here is a photo of her new accomplishment!
And one of her celebratory bike ride with Will at the end of the day. He has so much patience with her. I am so thankful, because I have zero tolerance for whining and quitting. He did a fabulous job teaching little miss to ride her bike like a pro!

And now I am actually off to try to accomplish somethign crafty. Should have more to share soon!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Girl!!!! I am so glad that the weather moved out and you guys had such a good day. You look beautiful. What great pictures to scrapbook!

Linda Crowder said...

what a wonderful wedding and story. I love good ending and yours is like a fairy tale come true. Your man is really nice and especially with the girls. you are very lucky. I had that too but he passed in 06 from pancreatic cancer. I had him 33 year though. And every day was new and wonderful, truthfully!!! I miss him so much and I really enjoy seeing others who possibly can have what we did: and I think you two are ITA!! Much luck and much love to you. Prayers for a wonderful life. Enjoy one another and NEVER go to bed mad. (I know it's old, but it WORKS!) Linda Crowder