Monday, September 15, 2008

Finally

able to get some cards made this past weekend. And by some, I mean A LOT. But most were all of the same card. I belong to a monthly swap group (love my Carolina girls!) and we meet next Sunday and the theme is embossing, which believe it or not was something i had not yet attempted. I ordered a heat tool last week because I felt like trying something new, but ended up having to borrow one (thanks, Cindy!) to get my cards done for the swap. SO, I had to make cards for the swap and also I am a bit behind on my SCS RAK Welcome cards to the lovely ladies who have been recently accepted because of all my wedding craziness. So I made extras of my swap cards to send them because, well...it was convenient and the assembly line style of making swap cards just worked to get me all caught up for my welcome RAKs.

Phew, that was a mouth full of words for something really simple. I made 20 of this one card...


using my new Pocket Silhouettes stamp set ( LOVE!) and I also used a stamp from the Baroque Motifs set. The new Kiwi kiss paper and ink and clear embossing powder. The main image is embossed. The scallop circle is cut with my nestibilities dies, but the scallop border is from the new SU scallop punch. It is seriously a must have. I love this thing!!


Then for the other card, I was just playing one day during nap time and came up with this one just for giggles, also playing with some new stuff that I have accumulated since my last free crafty time :-). They are actually kind of similar...I'm really enjoying the color combo with the blues, browns, and greens...those earth tones are just speaking to me lately so they are always the ones I reach for first when I go to create right now. I do have a perfectly gorgeous pack of the new Bella Rose patterned paper and Pink Pirouette cardstock that I haven't even opened yet...possibly a wedding layout to come soon with those because I love love LOVE the patterned paper. I want like a gazillion sheets of every single pattern in that pack. All of the new SU paper is just scrumptious ( fun word, had to use it).
So there you have it. My first contribution to the world of craftiness in more than a month (wow!). Happy Monday, everybody!!

0 comments: