Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Another big post

Ok, here are the 3 layouts I finished yesterday and one that I managed to squeeze in this morning. I kind of laugh when I see them all together like this because my style totally changes with my mood. It's sort of odd. Anyway, here they are...
Hayley went through a phase right after she turned one, of taking her pants off and putting them on her head...I just HAD to document that. So cute, right? :-) I had a little trouble getting this one right and I still am not completely crazy about it. I may tweak it later...
Very simple and straight to the point.
Now, the answer here is YES I did HAND CUT the Dory and Marlin and paper pieced them together. I drew them by hand and also drew the title by hand. Hayley demands to watch Nemo every single day. Without fail. Every day. Some times she asks more than once a day, but I can only force myself to oblige once. I love Nemo, I think it's one of the best Disney movies ever, but I am SO burned out on it. She, on the other hand, still LOVES it.
And this one, I did some very rare for me stitching on the main photo. I don't do this often because it has to all be done by hand since I don't have a sewing machine because I don't know how to sew really. And it takes FOREVER. But I love the look of stitching on my pages so I think the end result is worth the extra time.


Only 4 more to go for my 31 in 31. And then it's on to making some CARDS! As much as I have loved doing this challenge, I am ready for a little variety for a few days. And then I can mix it up like I usually do with a little bit of both here and there.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Girl! I don't know how you find the time to do all those layouts much less hand-cut and hand-stitch! Love them!!!