Saturday, January 5, 2008

He is the Cheese...

You've probably all seen the commercial for this new movie coming out where a girl says that her boyfriend is the cheese to her macaroni. Something about that line stuck with me when I heard it and now that Will has been gone and I've had time to sit and think (A LOT) I have figured out why. It fits so well with Will and I. He is definitely the cheese to MY macaroni. Yep, he is. Without him, life is kind of plain and boring like plain unflavored pasta. My girls spice it up a bit...like salt and pepper, but still don't take the place of the cheese which ties everything together. Plus, mac 'n cheese is like a staple in my house. It's a little embarrassing. We don't eat it because we can't afford better stuff, we eat it because everyone loves it. It's the no-fail staple. If my kids will eat nothing else we fix for dinner, they'll eat that. Plus, we just fit together. A natural combination of personalities, the perfect mixture of strengths and weaknesses. So here is my page celebrating the cheese to my macaroni! :-)


I love the patterns and colors in this LO...it was a new color palet for me and I just love love love it. The journaling strips are not uniform and that is driving me insane...but it was after midnight when I added those, so I think the sleep deprivation marred my ability to measure and cut correctly...so those will probably be re-done so that I don't go crazy! :-) I can embrace the imperfections usually...but that's a really noticeable and irritating one! Anyway...so 12x12 layout, the patterned paper is by American Crafts (dark circle pattern) and the green is Provo Craft. Green stickers are Basic grey. The gray letters were cut using my Quickutz. Circles are from my creative memories punches. I hand-drew the arrow. These masculine color pages are kind of fun...I think I need to do a few more.
Oh, and I'm going to try that whole 31 layouts in 31 days thing...we'll see if I can do it. This is only #2 so I'm already three behind, but I do have a couple of assignments for the Pink House to do so that should hopefully get me all caught back up again. If you decide to join in the fun 31 in 31 madness, let me know--I'd love to see what you come up with! Happy Saturday everyone, I'm off to play!

0 comments: