Sunday, January 27, 2008

Will's Valentine's Day gift

Thank you so much to Ali Edwards for posting this amazing project! I was stumped on what to do for Will for Valentine's day. I wanted to do something special, but I didn't want to go over the top because Will is in Qatar and can't really do much in return and knowing him he'll feel bad if I do too much. SO, this was absolutely perfect. Check out the project for yourself, here. Now I do not sew...I don't own a sewing machine. So when I saw this, I was like...crap, I can't sew! But I gave it a shot anyway and hand sewed it, and though it looks far from professionally sewn, it came from my heart and I hope he likes it. Here is my version

I used my sizzix to die cut the hearts out of the pink and brown felt. The ribbons are all from American crafts Valentine's day collection (SOOOO cute!). I got one of them at the Pink house and the others were a gift from a good friend of mine trying to cheer me up from missing Will while he's away. You can download the inside pages from Ali's blog, which is what I did. I also included photos and then added the ribbons and other various embellishments to the inside. I should've taken pictures of the inside before I did all the writing and stuff, but you can check them out on Ali's blog. Thanks again, Ali for the wonderful project!! Hope everyone had a wonderful and productive weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww That is so sweet. I saw that on her blog. Good for you for actually getting it done. He will love it!

BTW, you've been tagged. Check out my blog for the instructions!

asnipofgoodness said...

I saw her post also, and thought it was such a great simple idea! I love your interpretation. Did you include pictures, or just journeling like Ali? I like the hand sewn look. You just may have inspired me to make my own.