Saturday, January 5, 2008

Another couple of projects to share

I have been working on this set of projects for a better part of the day. I am using them to enter a contest of sorts...I had to create a card, a layout, and an altered item. These are what I came up with.

I used Provo Craft (more scraps used!!) Designer paper matted on black cardstock. The stamps are Autumn Leaves. I made those paper flowers myself. They are made out of mulberry paper and are folded andand fanned out--hard to explain. Then those are topped with buttons topped with gems. I typed out the Helen Keller quote on graph paper and then matted it on black and then green cardstock. I then chalked key words in the quote using my Pebbles Inc. chalk.
The altered item was a stretch for me. I wasn't sure what I wanted to alter. Then I came up with this. It's a cookie sheet. I painted it white with acrylic paint and then rubbed some of the paint off to give it a little bit of a weathered look. The background papers are all basic grey. I used my creative memories punches to do the calendar squares and circles. Big flowers are Heidi Swapp. Buttons are fun expressions and the ribbon is also basic grey. The smaller flowers are Prima. Everything on here is attached using magnets so that it can be changed month to month or just if boredom begins to set in! I have it havning in my office right now...but it'll probably be moved somewhere a little more prominent over the next couple of days because I really like how it turned out. Not bad for a first try, right??
This layout is 12x12 and has a hidden journaling panel that tucks in behind the photo. It's pulled out in this picture so you can see that it's there. The tab on the journal card is a Stampin Up punch. The ribbon, tag, papers, and stickers are all basic grey--my Mom got me TONS of Basic Grey stuff for Christmas and I'm having a blast playing with it. All of the flowers, brads, and buttons are Prima--I got them all together in a cute tin at the Pink House!! You know me, if it's floral, I'm gonna like it! :-) So let me know what you think of the result of my productivity today! I'd love the feedback! Hope everyone is having a good weekend!



0 comments: