Sunday, January 20, 2008

So busy

I apologize for not posting anything in the last couple of days. It's been a busy weekend. I finally was able to talk to Will for the first time in 3 weeks. He was on a mission in Kuwait and had a wireless internet connection so we were able to actually carry on a conversation in real time rather than only via emailing. So thank God for wireless internet, the what he called a"crappy tent" in Kuwait, and instant messaging services! I spent the entire day Saturday talking to him. He surprised me Friday night, so we were able to talk for a little while Friday night as well. It was so rejuvenating to speak with him. I've been struggling. I think I've hidden it pretty well, but I've definitely had my days and one kind of (ok very) emotional breakdown. Thankfully, he was the only one that had to really be subjected to that. I'm still just trying to adjust to life without him and this whole military deployment stuff and getting used to not being able to just pick up the phone to reach him when I need to talk to him, or walk into the other room to see him. That's been rough. It's definitely getting easier because I'm getting into a routine at home and I'm learning to express all of this nervous energy I've had into a more positive outlet. And I've changed my perspective about how I view the whole deployment in general. I think before I was thinking of it as almost a break up. Because it was kind of this sudden removal of him from my life. I made it into being like he made the choice to leave, when he didn't. It's just part of his job. And with this being my first deployment, I just didn't know what to expect. So I think he sort of sugar coated things before he left when we were talking about how much I'd be in contact with him and all of those kinds of details. Anyway, long story short, we had a great talk about everything this past weekend and I am feeling absolutely great. I did finally get some layouts done tonight, but I am seriously exhausted. So I promise I will post photos tomorrow. I will probably actually post a few times tomorrow to show you everything I've gotten finished. I'm not ahead the way I thought I'd be, but I still have plenty of time to get my 31 layouts completed. But knowing me, I'll be up til the wee hours of the morning on the last night trying to finish so I can actually say I made it! :-)


KTluv said...

Awww hun. I am so sorry that you have been feeling alone. My dad and first husband were military so I know how hard deployments are. I am so glad that you got to talk to him this weekend. That makes all the difference. It was really good to see you yesterday. Call me if you need anything.