Friday, January 25, 2008

Beautiful Little Princess

Here is my most recent page for The Pink House. Just finished it at around 11:30 last night! It didn't exactly turn out how I envisioned, but I managed to include all of the elements that I wanted to. I used Stickles to outline the word Beautiful on the paper and also the little crown in the bottom right corner. You can't see that detail as well in the photo as I had hoped. The paper is from the Delish Designs Royale line, it's double sided. And the cardstock is Bazzill. Michelle asked me to use a tool and a technique that I hadn't used before. SO, I used Queen & Co. felt fusion which was something new to me and cut it apart to accent the main photo. And I matted the main photo in a new way, I left the photo as just a normal 5x7 and cut the ovals into the cardstock to frame it and then peeled the edges back a little bit. Lots of reaching outside the box for me lately. I ordinarily would've hand cut the "Beautiful" out of the paper and done something fancy with that, but I'm supposed to cut back on all of my hand cutting when working on things for the Pink House, SO it took me a while to come up with a new way. Not that what I did is that crazy or anything, just unlike what I've done before. And I don't ordinarily include so many photos on my layouts either, which is something that I'm trying to work on. I take tons of great pictures and only use a handful. I think all of these little photos do a better job of telling the story for Hayley's first few hours. The one of me and her is our very first photo together the first time I held her, and the others are while they were taking her footprints and such at the hospital. I can't believe she'll be 2 soon. How fast the time goes...

1 comments:

Kim Mraz said...

awww, this is precious :)