Sunday, March 30, 2008

Go to child

Here it is Sunday, supposedly the day of rest...right? Not so much for me :-). I was so proud of myself this morning, I was able to get up and get the girls ready and in the car to church on time. I got them checked in to their children's ministry classes and found myself a seat in the sanctuary. I thought we were in the clear. I dropped Hayley off without any major outburst from her, and though Caitlynn was a little unusually sluggish this morning during her drop off, that was uneventful as well. Just as I started to let myself relax and loosen my grip on the pager that the church assigns you if you have a small child, it goes off. "Go to child" is the message flashing on the screen. So I go. And I am greeted in the hall way by a woman who tells me that my child is having a tantrum. Lovely. So I go in and Hayley is bawling, tears streaming down her face, yelling. Her face is bright red, and her nose has run so she has "stuff" covering her mouth. SO gross. Anyway, I had to sit in there with her the whole rest of the service to get her calm. So much for a soothing religious experience this morning. So we will try again next week. I'm sure the poor 2-year old teacher is going to groan in agony when she sees me and my tantrum throwing toddler headed for her classroom again. So instead of feeling refreshed and rejuvenated this morning, I'm feeling stressed out and a tad bit on the lost side as to how to fix the problem that Hayley is having with other people. Granted, she is probably the youngest 2 year old in there, she's only been 2 for a couple weeks and she spends every waking second with me. But I have never seen her that upset before, which in turn upsets me. Any advice out there?

Ok, in other news I was finally able to do a little creating last night. Here is the result of my play time.

0 comments: