Sunday, March 9, 2008

Another busy weekend

Wow, I can't believe how quickly this weekend went by. We had TONS of stuff going on. Friday night I babysat my friend Julie's little girl. You should've seen my house when I finally got the girls all to go to bed. There was popcorn from one end of my living room to the other, Littlest Pet Shop pets everywhere, etc. It was madness, but we did have lots of fun. Then on Saturday, Julie picked Tori up at around 9, the same time that the babysitter for the girls showed up to watch them for me to go to Stamp Camp at Patti's house. We made super adorable cards and a little easter bunny basket that is really cute too! After that, I stopped at the Pink House and picked up my next project, a Scalloped Tab Clear Acrylic Album by Clear Scraps! I'm so so excited to get started with it, so I'll probably start on it tonight.

Ok, so after all that, I got home around 3:15, just in time to catch Will online during his crew rest from the shuttle mission!! YAY! We got to talk for about 6 hours on AOL IM. It has been a God send during this deployment. We only get to talk on it when he does the shuttle, so we always hope that he gets one. Since he's been gone, I think he's done it maybe 4-5 times and we get to talk for several hours, which is wonderful. And around the same time I started talking to him, Caitlynn left for her sleepover with her friend Chrissy.

THEN, today I got up and totally forgot about the time change. I was so confused because my clocks all said something different. Obviously I figured it out. But I've been "off" all day. After Cait got home, I decided to take the girls to Chuck E Cheese for lunch just for the heck of it. We had a good time, but Hayley was crabby so we didn't stay too long. I had to promise Cait we'd go back some time soon to use up the rest of our tokens and cash in our tickets. And now we're back home, the girls both crashed and I made my very first card with my new SU goodies! So here it is...

I used the Pretty Amazing stamp set and stamped the flowers and stems on Whisper White with Chocolate Chip ink, and sponged the edges with chocolate chip as well. The scalloped trim is done using the slit punch on soft sky paper. I stamped the flower on whisper white with soft sky ink twice, then cut out the top layer on one of them and used a dimensional to stack them on top of one another. I finished the flower off with a rhinestone brad. The hummingbird is chocolate chip ink on chocolate chip paper. For the blue border, I used one of the itty bitty background stamps in soft sky ink and then stamped the Amazing in chocolate chip on top of it. I got the idea for this card here: http://heatherpulvirenti.blogspot.com/2008/01/always-on-my-mind.html. She used a couple different stamps sets for the background and sentiment and also used some DP, but the idea is pretty much the same and I think the overall look that I accomplished with mine is just as pretty. The ribbon is not SU. I have to order some SU ribbon, this is just some that I had in my stash from Michaels.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

0 comments: