Sunday, December 16, 2007

Like I do...


I was thinking today, when Hayley woke up from her nap all cranky that no one but me really knows all of her little quirks. It's been that way since she was a newborn. Her dad was never really all that involved and now he has made the choice to not see her at all, so it was pretty much just me and her. This layout celebrates that bond that she and I have. She hasn't been away from me for more than one full day since she was born. I can usually figure out what she needs even before she says something, though it is much nicer now that she has her words to express herself. Tonight though, we ordered pizza from Papa Johns and she had gotten up from her nap just before the pizza arrived. We all sat down to eat and she just started crying and wouldn't stop. Will, bless his heart, tried to pick her up and cuddle with her to calm her down, but it just wasn't working. I picked her up, and she went completely silent. I know how to hold her. I know to give her her blankie and a pacifier and to rub her back under her shirt not over it. I know that playing pat-a-cake with her ALWAYS makes her smile, no matter what. So this is for her to look back on when she gets big and to know that no one knows her or loves her the way I do and no one ever will.

I don't know if you can really tell in the picture, but the photo corners are outlined with white stickles as are the centers of all of the flowers. The patterned paper is from the Rob and Bob for provo craft slab. Punches used to create the flowers and hearts are by EK success and Sizzix. The white dots are from my standard hole punch from staples. The alpha stickers are by EK Success as well. The plain cardstock is by paperbilities (tan, pink, and turquoise) and Bazzill (orange).

I may use this page as part of my submission for one of the design team applications. What do you all think??

2 comments:

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Ooooh I love it~! It is bright I think! :)

Unknown said...

Awwww I love it! You are such a good mom. I swear, we are going to have to get togehter and scrap. I don't think I have done an actual page in two years!!!! (Not that I have stopped buying supplies mind you! lol)