Wednesday, December 5, 2007

As promised...


I'm back this morning with my LO that I did last night. I am still not thrilled with the quality of the photo, but it's early morning and I needed to get this done in case I don't have more time later, and it kills the time before the kiddos arrive.
So the details...12x12 layout. Both photos are 4x6. Patterned Paper is by Scenic Route, Felt ric-rac by Offray, Ribbon by American Crafts. I used my sizzix machine to die cut some acetate for the letters and then used acrylic paint to give them some color. The die set was the round-about alphabet. Then the computer font is called Holy Guacamole! Brad by Making memories. The circles at the bottom were all cut using my creative memories circle punch. I had the plan for this layout all drawn out, which I very very rarely do. So last night when I started, I thought I would be done super fast. BUT as it turns out, I'm even more of a perfectionist about my pages when I have a plan drawn up. So I planned on getting more done, and ended up only getting this one done. (In my defense though, I was also watching a riveting episode of Grey's Anatomy--so glad they re-played it because I missed it the first time! And now I'm dying to see Thursdays show! Any other Grey's addicts see it??) Hopefully I'll have more time this evening to play! I might even get all my stuff together and sketch out another one.
Doesn't my girl look super super happy?? She makes the BIGGEST mess when she takes a bath. Ahh, to be young again. She is absolutely terrified of the water, unless it's in our bath tub. When we went camping, she screamed bloody murder about going in the lake. My mom tried taking both girls to the pool and Hayley would scream anytime they brought her close to the water. But she loves her tubby! Crazy!
I talked the other day about my new issue of CK, right? Well, I have been going through my scrap magazine withdrawals because my subscriptions got all messed up when we moved, so there were like 2 months that I didn't get any even though I changed all of my address info. But long story short, I devoured this issue and there was one part in particular that I've been working on this week. They talk about coming up with a mantra for your creating...I've been pondering on this. Right now I like "Experience life; embrace the memories" but it seems to change every day. So what do you all think? Anyone else have a personal creative mantra or just one for every day life? When I get mine just right, I'm going to create something I can frame in my office to inspire me.

0 comments: