Sunday, February 17, 2008

Fun Sunday

Today was very refreshing for me. I was able to get out and go to my Carolina Girls get together. These women are just the best. I always have such a great time and laugh like crazy. It's definitely good for my soul to be a part of such a wonderful group. Thanks for the great project, Michelle!!j


Then I got home and hung out with my girls and we went for a walk/bike ride. I'm trying to get Caitlynn used to the idea of taking her training wheels off. She's kind of nervous about it. So we're easing into the whole thing. It's definitely time, though.


And then after getting them off to bed, I was FINALLY able to scrap a little. I wanted to scrap this page quickly while the event was still so fresh in my mind. This just happened yesterday. Hayley decided to "style" her hair using Vaseline. This is her second attempt at hair product innovation. Last time she used Caitlynn's lip gloss and it took me a week to get it out. This time, with the vaseline, I've already washed her hair about 6 times. I've tried dish soap, baby soap, my clarifying shampoo, baby powder, and my last attempt was lemon juice to try to get it out of her hair. It's not working. AHHH! So she looks like a little grease ball. A losing battle that I have stopped trying to win. I guess this will just work it's way out of her hair too. But I've definitely learned the hard way that she can now reach certain shelves and I need to re-organize! She, of course, thought it was great fun. And I must admit, the vaseline did work to get her hair to stand on end... haha. And of course, what does mommy do? I get the camera.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

OMGosh! lol Just did a Google search and they suggested corn meal and then Dawn detergent. Poor baby but how funny and what a cute page!

roree said...

Your dd is too cute! What an adorable layout!

asnipofgoodness said...

I have heard also that Dawn will do the trick.
Tell us more about carolins Girls, what's that all about?

Keri Lee Sereika said...

LOL Erika that is just sooo funny! Cute as can be! Just keep washing...just keep washing....

Silke Ledlow said...

This is just way too cute!!!