Friday, February 1, 2008

A crazy day yesterday...but I finished!

Ok, as an update, I did finish my 31 in 31 challenge. I got them all done! YAY! I did a little happy dance when I finished the last one. I still don't have pictures to share. I know, I'm slacking, but I WILL get them taken and posted today. Yesterday was a little crazy...

Caitlynn didn't come home from school yesterday. She usually walks in at 2:30, and by 3 she still wasn't home. Iwas calling her friends houses, and all kinds of stuff and couldn't find her. My friend Denise came to pick up her son, Hayden, and she stayed with the rest of the kids so I could drive around...no sign of Cait. Then Denise drove around and still no sign of her. I was completely panic-stricken. Imagining all kinds of horrible things, so I was crying and a big mess of emotional turmoil over my baby being "missing". A little boy across the street told me he saw her get off the bus and that she was headed home, but she never got here. It's only a block and a half that she has to walk or I would pick her up from the stop. SO, as a last resort before I called the police, Denise went out with a picture of Caitlynn and knocked on doors until she found her. And she did find her. At a new friends' house that I don't know and she didn't even remember her name. She said she just wanted to feed the ducks with them. AHHH!!! Terror turned to intense anger and I sent Cait to her room until I could calm down to deal with her. So, my heart goes out to all of the families that lose their children for "real". Who have kids that are abducted or some other circumstance. I went nuts after mere minutes of not knowing where Cait was...so God bless Denise for helping me find her. And thank God that she was safe and sound. I know I will be hugging my kids extra tight from now on.

pictures coming this afternoon! Thanks for your patience!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my Goodness!!!! (((Erika))) That had to be awful. I am so sorry girl. Glad that she was okay though. You did better than I would have done I am sure. Congrats on finishing your 31 in 31. You are definitely my hero!