Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Swaps DONE!

I have another swap coming up on the 18th. I'm excited. Only my second one ever, but I had so much fun at the first one that I just can't wait for this one to come up! The theme for it was something brown. I absolutely love brown. I used the pale blue/chocolate brown color combo and came up with this card. The patterned paper is from that Rob and Bob for Provo Craft Slab again (didn't I say I'd use it up in no time at all?!) I apologize for the somewhat blurry photography this morning. I used my creative memories cutting tool to create the ovals. The sentiment stamp is by Technique Tuesday. Ribbon is by Offray. And the brads are making memories. The Chocolate brown cardstock is Paper Reflections and the White is paperbilities. At first I had it where the ovals were alone without the ribbon behind it and the patterned paper lined up with the bottom with only one strip of brown across the top of the patterned paper, but I thought it just looked too blah. So I added the ribbon and repositioned it and then added the second strip with the brads and voila. Finished product. It's pretty simple overall, but I think the color combo calls for something more elegant and simple. It actually took me about 3 hours to get 8 cards done because I was watching Dancing With The Stars. (I really think that Marie needs to go next.) Then we had Monday Night Football on, so I was pretty distracted throughout the whole cardmaking process. But I'm glad I got them finished and I am pleased with the end result, even though it is nothing like my original vision! :-) But I must say that I am EXHAUSTED today after staying up past midnight last night and getting up at 6 am today. I WILL get to sleep at a decent time tonight. Probably right after the results show for Dancing...Happy Tuesday everyone!

0 comments: