Friday, November 9, 2007

My first attempt at a Beate's Sketch

Another day of firsts for me in card-making. First I did the tutorial for the purse card and now this is my first attempt at a Beate Johns sketch challenge.

This is the card that I made for Beate's sketch. The sketch can be found at her blog here.
All of the stamps used were by Studio G. The patterned paper was from a scrapbook stack of papers from JoAnn's. The yellow cardstock was from DCWV and the other colors from paperbilities. All of the inks are by Stamp Craft. The photo corners and scalloped circle were hand drawn and hand cut (I can't wait to get the nestibilities scalloped die sets!).
I am pleased with how this turned out, though I think it would look better if I could've sponged the coffee ink on the circle instead of having to do the direct to paper method. Must buy sponges!! That's on the agenda for the weekend! :-) I'm not used to doing two posts in one day, but I just had to share! This may take the place of tomorrow's post so that I don't neglect my family any more this weekend! Hope you all have a great one!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

This is gorgeous! So beautiful and creative! Great job on the challenge!

BlueBlueAmy said...

Nice card! I love the colors.

Andrea, said...

Fab card, great colours