Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Turkey Day!

This was my first ever Thanksgiving away from home. I have to admit that I was a little homesick this morning because I didn't wake up to the usual smells of Thanksgiving. My mom wakes up at about 5 am to get started on the holiday cooking and preparations. Instead, I woke up and had to come down and get it started! I was nervous about cooking everything myself. I've helped in the past, but always under the careful direction of my Mom.


I can happily report that our meal was AMAZING! We had all of the usual things--turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, pumpkin pie, and crescent rolls. And I also baked some chocolate chip cookies that my girls were eating ALL DAY LONG. And some rice krispy treats also. We were all stuffed and I fell asleep for two hours on the couch and woke up to the dishes all being done already by my sweet and thoughtful boyfriend, Will.



Here are a few pics of our day...






Then after this part was all said and done and the girls were in bed, Will and I watched some football and I was able to complete this scrapbook layout for my sister. She is a scrapper/stamper as well, but she is 7 months pregnant with her second child, a baby boy to be named Logan Michael, and doesn't seem to have much energy for scrapping lately. She asked me to do a LO for her with one of her senior pictures from high school.
It is a 12x12 layout. I used patterned papers by Chatterbox. Cardstock by Paperbilities. Stickers by Provo craft. Felt Flowers are from American Crafts, brads are by fun expressions and the ribbons are both offray.

I did my fun ribbon trick again--I can't help it, I am just so excited that I figured out a way to make decent looking bows!!
Hopefully my sister likes how this turned out.




0 comments: