Sunday, November 18, 2007

Merry Christmas Decorations!!


Thanks to all of the inspiration that I've been finding on other blogs, I've been trying to make some Christmas Decorations. This is the latest creation. I made it last night while Will was flying and I plan on making a couple more.
I used a styrofoam cone that I purchased at Michael's, though I got a couple more tonight at Walmart. The patterned papers are all from the Provo Craft Christmas slab. I used plain silver straight pins with a small head on them, but other people were using the colorful pearl looking ones. And then the stars on the top were ornaments that came in a package of 16 for like $2 and I thought they would be the perfect topper. They had them in gold also. They came with thread strung through the tops, but I snipped it off, since I don't intend for the tree to hang anywhere :-).
I attended a swap with some of the Carolina girls today and had a GREAT time! Thanks Ronee for being such a great hostess! We made two really great cards and the swaps from the other ladies...so fantastic! I'm so lucky to belong to such a wonderful group of talented creative women!! I have so much more to share, so more coming tomorrow.

2 comments:

Keri Lee Sereika said...

GORGEOUS!!! DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!!! I would like to make one now too! LOL See it is contagious!!!!

Unknown said...

Love it Erika!!! Thanks for posting. I printed the instructions off last night and am running to get my cones today at lunch. I can't wait to get started!!!! It was great to spend time with you yesterday!!!! Can't wait to do it again.