Thursday, October 4, 2007

Gray skies and rainy days

Days like this do very little for the creative process. It's hard to feel inspired when the streets are flooding and the sky is gray. It hasn't helped my mood either. I am tired and feeling energy deprived. But of course, my children are the light on even the darkest days. Hayley is constantly entertaining me with her antics--dancing every time a commercial comes on with a good background song and dragging around her "on the road to tattered" green blankie. And Caitlynn with her sassy bossy imaginative six year old self. She is the subject of today's post. Her school picture day was two weeks ago. We got her hair cut the previous Saturday in a style chosen to resemble Sharpay from High School Musical. She requested, rather sweetly for her these days, that we get up early to curl her hair on picture day morning so she would look even more like Sharpay. I obliged and we got up at 5:30 am to fix her hair. I took pictures before we left the house, thankfully, because by the time we reached her bus stop our efforts of the morning were completely gone. Her hair was flat, even with the gallon of hairspray I used to hold the curls in place. She was disappointed to say the least, and I was exhausted...but she did look so adorable with the curls...here is the page commemorating the short lived 'do.


0 comments: