Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Frustrated...



So I'm having a bit of trouble. I've been in the mood to stamp ever since I got home from the swap over the weekend. I was really inspired by all of the wonderful ladies that I met. BUT, I'm seriously having issues. I've made a few cards over the last couple of days and I'm kind of disappointed with how they are turning out. I actually kind of like this one pictured here. I used Patterned paper from the DCWV fall scrapbook stack, Moss green ink from colorbox, chocolate brown ink from ink it up, and then the orange and red are my marvy stamping markers. I stamped the background with a pencil eraser and the small flower from the Stampin Up Priceless set. The butterfly and swirl are also from that set. Then I used a pop dot to add some dimension on the butterfly and a couple of rhinestones on the flowers to add a little bling. The sentiment is a Technique Tuesday stamp. What do you all think? Is this a common problem? I guess I'm so used to scrapbooking and how I've developed a style that I'm comfortable with and with cardmaking, I've just started so I don't know all the techniques and stuff. So I suppose I will just continue to practice. And another thing...how do people get their bows to look so perfect on the cards--is there a trick to this?? Haha, HELP! :-)

Other than my stamping/cardmaking frustration, things are good. We are all ready for Halloween tomorrow, but now I have to make a special trip to the store to find some accessories for a 2nd costume for Caitlynn. She has to do a book report and dress up like the character TOMORROW, and they just assigned it today. Gotta love that. Well her costume, Singing Diva Barbie, does not go with any book that I can find. SO I have to whip up something so she won't be without an appropriate costume! UGH! Thanks to the school for the last minute project...whatever happened to good old preparation time and a heads up?! Ahh, the joys of mommy-hood. But I seriously CANNOT wait to see Hayley dressed up like a duck! It's going to be so stinkin' cute. She has this little stuffed animal duck that we got at Babies R Us months ago that she drags around with her and the costume matches it...like the mama duck and her baby...can't wait. Pictures to come...probably on Thursday! Oh and another thing...this is the first year I'll have to prepare Thanksgiving dinner...any ideas, recipes, tips or tricks you want to share would be greatly appreciated!

xoxo,

me

2 comments:

Gail said...

I think you card looks great. Keri, was the one that helped us out with tying bows.If you check out www.splitcoaststampers.com you can find lots of techniques. We all go there to check out the gallery's. Hope this is of help to you. Have fun trick or treating.

Gail

Unknown said...

I am so glad that somebody has had time to stamp this week! I was seriously so inspired after the swap I couldn't wait to create and then reality (and exhaustion) set in. I haven't even been in my scrap room since Saturday. :-( Love your card though. Can't wait to see more. Dont forget - think Brown!!!