Wednesday, October 3, 2007

And so it begins...

A new chapter is beginning. A refreshing new journey of creativity and the neurotic ramblings that pop into my head along the way.
I have been on a long "adventure" of sorts this past year. All of which will end in exactly 3 weeks. My divorce will be final after a very long and painful year. I left my abusive husband and followed my heart and my instincts. And in doing so, I found REAL love for the first time in my life. Well, I suppose technically it would be the second time since he was my high school sweetheart as well. But I digress... this journey has been one that began with humiliation and fear and along the way transformed into one of self discovery and exploration. I had to begin all over again. Find my passion, find my old self again. And that leads me to here. I love to create. To start with a blank sheet of paper, a blank canvas--and just create. The end result always leaves me feeling fulfilled whether it turns out exactly as I envisioned or not. All of the chaos, all of the self-doubt and worry just melts away. And I have healed. I have learned to forgive myself for mistakes I have made. I have learned to love, to trust, and to let go. This is where I will begin to share my passion, and share my creations with those that wish to look and in doing so continue on in my journey.
This is my latest scrapbook page, about our new home here in South Carolina.

I used Pattern paper from Heidi Grace Designs. The buttons are from Fun Expressions. The title is hand-cut, in the font Georgia. The plain cardstock is from the paper company.

0 comments: