Monday, January 5, 2009

Project 365

Happy New Year everyone! It's such an exciting time. To me, the coming of the new year means that we all have a clean slate and a fresh start. I love that. I am slowly recovering from the madness that was our holiday season and finally digging out from the mountain of housework that I had waiting for me after the craziness was over. It's coming along. School starts back tomorrow & Caitlynn could not be more excited...I'm waiting for the day when she starts whining that she's not ready to go back yet--I know it's coming.


Anyway, last year I participated in the 30 layouts in 30 days challenge and that was fun, but exhausting...so this year I wanted to do something like that but on a much simpler scale. SO, I decided to participate in the Project 365. You can read more about it on Becky Higgins blog or in the January issue of CK. I'm not using their kit, though, because frankly we just don't have the room in our budget right now to do that. Instead, I am creating my own digital version. Here is the first page...I started my 365 on Jan. 1.


I basically started with a blank 12x12 canvas in photoshop elements and created a template so that I can just sort of drag my photos to it. I'm still learning with photoshop and this project is great practice for figuring out how to do different things to make it look like I want it to. I'm thinking that at the end of the year I'll have this printed in one of the shutterfly books. I'm really excited!! The pages will all be formatted this way, but I will be flip flopping the elements around a bit so the larger spaces house the journaling and some smaller photos, etc. I'm trying really hard to just let it stay simple like this...I have a really big urge to embellish more. We'll see what happens ;-)

0 comments: