Sunday, January 25, 2009

After a few days off...

I had a creative explosion today! My husband left (again) for a training in Oklahoma. 7 more weeks on my own. I took a few days off to spend extra time with him before he had to leave because we will be apart so much this year that it seems such a waste to spend the days we have together doing anything other than just enjoying time with one another.


Anyway, now that I'm back in the creative mindset, I was able to really churn out some cards. I am starting to experiment with my style a little bit because I'm forcing myself to create with only my scrap paper--because I have a HUGE tub of it. I'm still using whatever embellishments I want, but I'm using die cuts as much as possible because that still uses up some of the smaller scraps!


I have a post ready for every day this week--gasp! I know...I never have that many in a week, so be prepared ;-).


Most of the cards I'm going to be working on are to stock up for when my hubby deploys in August. I'm going to try to send him 1 a day for the 4 months he's gone. I wanted to do it last year and I wasn't very prepared or organized. This time I'm doing the work well ahead of time!


Here is card #1...



Card Recipe

Patterned paper & Cardstock: Stampin Up

Flower: Making Memories

Brad: Making Memories

Tag: Sizzix

Chipboard: Target $ spot

Stamps: Papertrey Ink

Other: Ric-rac trim & bling


0 comments: