Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Some digital practice

I had a kind of stressful day today. You know...one of those days where the kids don't listen, everyone is cranky and whining and you have a list a mile long of things that you needed to accomplish that day?? Yeah that was my day today. My kids were INSANELY cranky today and forgot their "listening ears" on their pillows this morning, I think. It was just really one of those days. Enough said on that. Anyway, Will is busy studying for his promotion test that he takes tomorrow and has been basically buried in his books for the last few days so I've been kind of flying solo again with all the housework and kid duties and all of that. Needless to say, I really needed some crafty time tonight to unwind from my crazy day and to just sink myself into something that makes me feel good.

That being said...


I spent somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 hours playing with Photoshop Elements 6.0 today. I am determined to get familiar with this program and all the cool things I know it can do. God bless Jessica Sprague and her blog and website for the amazing tutorials and freebies and all sorts of wonderful digi-goodness. After lots of trial and error, I finally came up with this page...


I have very limited digital supplies, and am a complete novice with the program...so yes, I might've used a different combination of papers if I had done this the "regular" way, and things might have been laid out just a touch differently, but I am pretty happy with how this came out. If you have any interest in going digital/hybrid, you must check out Jessica Sprague's blog. (there is a link to her in yesterday's post!).
I'll have a few cards to share tomorrow--I got some new goodies in the mail today!

0 comments: