Sunday, April 12, 2009

Kristina Werner Color Challenge #49

Had a much harder time with this one. I could do 4 of the colors at a time, but had a really hard time getting that 5th one in there. I think my cards still turned out okay, but this was much much more challenging for me than the previous ones I have participated in!!



I made 2 cards for this one, too. I was hoping the more I played with the colors, the more mojo I'd get with using them. At the very least I have an extra card to share, right?! So here are my cards...
For this card, I started with a 4.25x4.25 square card in whisper white. Then I added the red with one of the star backgrounds from Papertrey Ink's Background Basics: Stars set stamped in Fresh Snow (PTI) ink. Then I used some basic black to mat the main image which is made up of a SU! sentiment and more of the PTI stars. The photo corners are from a sizzix die. The large button is from PTI's vintage buttons.



This card uses Papertrey's Wishing You stamp set. The green polka dot paper is from Stampin' Up, the border punch is Martha Stewart. Again used Basic Black, Ruby Red, Tempting Turquoise, Kiwi Kiss, and Whisper White (all SU).
You can find the challenge here if you are interested in playing along!

4 comments:

Randee E said...

Love that big button and ribbon treatment :0)

Winter said...

Cute cards! Love the big button!

Patti MacLeith said...

Those stars are fantastic in these colors!

Patti MacLeith said...

Those stars are fantastic in these colors!