Monday, April 14, 2008

Feelin' Rusty

Wow, so I feel like I haven't done anything really creative in AGES. I sat down to make a card this morning to send to Will...the last one before he comes home. AHHH! Did I say that? Here let me say it again, the LAST card before he comes H-O-M-E. Home!!! We have 18 days left til he's back. Can I just say that I am so so so glad that April is flying by?

My parents came into town and helped me to get some "house stuff" done. I took my kittens (well, they're a year old, I suppose they aren't really babies anymore) to the vet to get booster shots and to be tested for feline leukemia because of the conditions they were living in before we rescued them. Both tested negative, YAY! And they are getting 'fixed' this week as well. Good times.

SO, needless to say, life has been a bit hectic. My parents were here for a full week, and I was also working that week, so I had very little time to just sit still and relax let alone get anything really crafty done. Back to what I was saying, I sat down to make this card this morning for Beate's sketch #43 and I was feeling very very rusty. I enjoyed my little creative release, though. Hopefully I'll keep being able to squeeze time in around everything else I'm trying to accomplish before Will comes home.

Here is the card I did today.


Ingredients:


Stamps: SU! Boho Backgrounds

Paper: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Gable Green

Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Gable Green

Accessories: SU White Grosgrain ribbon, Scallop Punch, Slit Punch (for scallop border), silver brad, and photo corner

0 comments: