Sunday, August 9, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge 14

Wow it's been a while since I've been able to participate in a color challenge. Just too busy. I gotta admit, though, that I REALLY needed the alone time in my studio today. We had a crazy busy weekend...or well, I had a crazy busy weekend. I attended a coupon seminar on Saturday morning for a few hours, had to come home and bake like crazy for a donation to the Crisis Ministries soup kitchen, Caitlynn had a friend over, Hayley was attached to my hip all day...then today I had to drop the cupcakes I baked off to a friend who was going over there to volunteer (I baked because I wasn't able to actually go and help out and still wanted to contribute), grab my newspapers, cook a side dish for our squadron picnic, run some other errands, head out to the picnic where we spent 3/4 of our day...and then deal with a very crabby over-tired Hayley and Cait's friend came back over and on and on and on...

SO long story short, I needed some quiet time and I got just that thanks to Dawn McVey's color challenge! Definitely not colors I would generally create with together, but I LOVE how they came together. Makes me so happy when that happens!


Anyway, here is the challenge ...and my card...

Not sure why it's kinda crooked looking in the photo...I promise it's not in real life! I tried a new thing with the ribbon on the card edge and I really like it. Adds just a bit of texture :-).

Hope you all had a great weekend!

11 comments:

amber said...

oh, love how you used the ribbon!!! can't wait to try that on a card! :) very cute!

Cat said...

I really love the way you have used the ribbon on the edge and the polka dots on the card using the DP and the stamp works well.:)

AMY FLEMING said...

Love this card sooo elegant and the ribbon on the edge is to die for!!!
TFS
AMY

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Really fun ribbon treatment on the side. Way to rock Dawn's color combo out!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Shelly Koskinen said...

Your card is really cute!!!

Steph said...

Very cute, I love your ribbon!

Liz said...

Love the ribbon!

Winter said...

Very cute! I love the ribbon! :)

Betty Wright said...

I love this one, too!!! Especially the ribbon ruffling part!!! Great layout and design, Erikia!!!

Janelle said...

Cute card! Love the ribbon on it, too. Hope this weekend is more relaxing for you -- reading about your last weekend made me exhausted!

Jenna Wunderlich said...

oooo love that ribbon!