Thursday, August 13, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge 14 take 2

Will decided to watch a scary movie last night and I'm not a big fan of watching those when I need to be guaranteed to get some sleep so I had to distract myself. I had some papers and supplies still left out in my studio from working on the challenge card I posted the other day, so I thought I would use those up and make another one. Pretty pleased with it! I seriously LOVE this Star set from PTI!


Here are the challenge deets again...And my 2nd take on the challenge...

So what do ya think? Pretty fun, right? I used a SU backgrounder on the large Plum Pudding piece and sort of mixed and matched stamps from a few PTI sets for this one. Some dots from Polka Dot Basics, the large stars and sentiment from Star Prints, and the small stars from Let Freedom Ring. I admit I didn't use much scarlet jewel, but it's in there! One of the large stars and the "you're my shining" part of the sentiment ;-) I squeezed it in!! And this card is a larger format than I usually work with, but I think I'll have to do it more often! It's a 5.25 in. square card.
That's it for now- I have some more hair flowers to share tomorrow as well as a couple cards I made for an old color challenge that I missed during my crazy summer hiatus :-)
Good thing I already have things done because a busy night ahead for us. I'm working today and then tonight we have Meet the Teacher Night at Cait's school. She is beyond excited to go back and see everybody and find out who all is in her class!

8 comments:

Betty Wright said...

Erika, this is wonderful!!! Love the tiny stars border at the top and the bottom and the touches of bling are perfect!!! Great card!!!

Cat said...

Thanks for stopping by Erika. You've really used the colours well in this challenge. I love the group of three stars and the strip of cardstock across the base, it looks great.

Christina Smith said...

Really cute card! I like it!

Maureen said...

so fun! love that stamp set!

Taheerah said...

This is gorgeous!

Heather P. said...

This is fabulous!

C said...

Love the stars..I wouldn't have thought to use them in these colors but they're perfect!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Great use of stars! Awesome job on Dawn's color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E