Sunday, September 6, 2009

One year later...

Today is me and my wonderful hubby's anniversary! To celebrate the day since Will is gone, I took my girls to the beach where we were married and we spent the day there. Here are a few pictures from the day.



This is the aisle that I walked down a year ago today! Except this aisle now ends in a wall of sand that just drops off instead of the gentle slope it was a year ago. Amazing how much changes in just a year...not to mention that there is so much more grass here now when last year there was barely any. I had butterflies in my stomach walking through here though...I'm so glad I went there today. It was the best possible way to spend the day under the circumstances...and knowing me, I'll drag him back to this very same spot next year :-)
I love this beach. Today we decided to take a shell-searching walk and went all the way down to the end of the park area. We found some pretty cool shells, but even better was the complete lack of people down there! So peaceful. The ocean was so beautiful. This photo was on the first part of our walk but you can see that further down there was NO ONE there. It was awesome.

Happy Anniversary, Will. I love you!

1 comments:

ronee said...

When ry and i lived in hawaii..we use to go to the park we were married at every year. we spent at least ten minutes there..and then we took the girls there...and now that we have moved when i go home in the summers..we make it a point to stop in and have lunch there...i think for the kids..it is an important reminder! congrats on the year..sorry will missed it..ry missed 1-5...life as a military wife!
xoxo
ronee