Saturday, December 1, 2007

Finally some time to play!

After my long absence from creative thinking, I finally had some time to play today and I got caught up on making some birthday cards! Sorry to those of you who haven't gotten your cards yet--I'm so behind schedule! But they are coming!!

I haven't played with this set for a while, but I had a lot of fun using it. This was the first Stampin Up! set that I purchased and I always seem to go for the newer ones when I sit down to play. It was definitely fun to re-visit this set, though! I perused the SCS gallery for some inspiration and then started stampin! I used all of the same papers and supplies for all three designs. I'm pretty happy with the turn out. One was completely cased from SCS with small changes to the color scheme and sentiment. The other two are the same color scheme and designs that I came up with.

The set is called Seein' Spots by Stampin Up! I used inks by Color Box and Ink it Up. Papers by Paperbilities. The sentiment stamps are from Hero Arts and the circle Happy Birthday sentiment was made on the computer using WordArt because I didn't have a stamp that fit what I wanted to do!
The card with the large arrow still seems to be missing something, though I'm not quite sure what to add...I may still embellish it a little more somehow, but I absolutely LOVE the stickles...I am a major stickles fan... anything with a little glitter and I'm sooo into it! :-)


0 comments: